As web developers, we rely on a suite of different tools to get our job done effectively. Google Chrome is a big part of that, but hundreds of Chrome Extensions for app development. Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Metamask is your best friend in the world of crypto.
- Wondershare is fantastic for screen recordings that you can directly save to Google Drive.
- JSON Formatter will help you quickly see JSON formatted data from a public API.
- Clear Cache enables you to clear all of these specific items: App Cache, Cache, Cache Storage, Cookies, Downloads, File Systems, Form Data, History, Indexed DB, Local Storage, Plugin Data, Passwords, Service Workers, WebSQL.
- POSTman is suitable for both Mac and Windows users who are developing apps that connect via server-side APIs.
- PAW is still my favorite API tool. I prefer it over POSTman.
- EditThisCookie does what it says it does.
- User-Agent Switcher is useful when you need to test your application across different browsers to simulate end-users.
- Web Developer Toolbar has been around for so long I'd pretty much call this a Legacy Plugin. It's still beneficial.
- GoFullPage is great for visual competitive analysis. This is the fastest way to screenshot an entire web page without stitching things together within Adobe Photoshop.
- What Font? helps you figure out the name of the font that is inspiring you.
- Bypass Paywalls is excellent for researchers needing access to content blocked by content publishers seeking to serve you ads, steal your cookies or tamper with your sessions.
- Archive.is ensures that that article you read today is preserved as you once studied it or still around three years later. I use this all the time when I'm building out my Appendix for Product Specs or General Requirements docs.
- BuiltWith can help you reverse engineer competitor websites.
- Alexa Traffic Rank is not accurate at all, but it's a good enough data point for beginners.
- Spider Pro is a WYSIWYG-type page scraper for beginners. I usually recommend this to writers or jr marketers before having them upgrade to Scraping Bee
QR Code Builders
- QR Code Monkey is still my favorite. I just like the balance between ease of use and customization.