Awesome radio stations for software engineers
As a software engineer, I spend a lot of time discovering new tools to help me become more productive. One of the most valuable –yet not often mentioned– is music. Since I work in radio, I spend even more time thinking about music curation than the average person and yes, I don't like always having to search and browse for stuff on Spotify.
Below are a few of my favorite radio stations that are great for coding.
Curated Internet Radio
This is probably the closest thing to broadcast radio online. You don't get to pick the songs but you can always guarantee that it won't break your flow. If there are commercials, they're negligible.
- Stay See Radio always maintains an upbeat tempo.
- Chillhop is a classic.
- lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to.
- Rock n' Soul Ichiban if you're looking for something old school and exotic.
- Jazz Radio offers an excellent source of bossa nova.
- Luxuria Music has some really neat stuff.
Crowdsourcing your music is somewhat dangerous but it's a great place to try new things.
Let's use short feedback loops and datascience to provide machine-driven serendipity.
I call it semi-curated because the songs appear to be hand-picked but then thrown into a bucket. It lacks a sense of sequence (or even juxtaposition) but it's good background filler.