Geographic information system (GIS) is the umbrella for cartography, geo, and anything dealing with the science of location. Although you might be asking,
- Google Maps
- Opencage Geocoder
- 61 other geo locators
- SVG & Raphael. Given the task of finding both US and world maps in Mercator projection which were proportionate to one another proved to be quite a task
- Indiemapper has a default bank of SVG maps which can be loaded, heavily tweaked, and exported for further modification in Adobe Illustrator.
- CraftMap (previously MobilyMap) is a lightweight (6KB only), fully configurable jQuery plugin that converts a simple image into a functional map by overlaying dynamic elements on it such as markers. Like Google Maps, you can place your own marker icons and add location information to specific markers with a draggable image interface.
- Raphael JS is a powerful library that should simplify your work with vector graphics on the web.
- Kartograph is a simple and lightweight framework for building interactive map applications without Google Maps or any other mapping service. It was created with the needs of designers and data journalists in mind.
- Kartograph.py is a powerful Python library for generating beautiful, Illustrator-friendly SVG maps.
- Arbor.js is an interesting HTML5 graph visualisation library built using Web Workers and jQuery.
- AwesomeChartJS lets you create simple and usable charts quickly with just a couple of lines of code.
- Automatic GeoCode is a jQuery plug-in to automatically geocode and display a location entered in a text field.
- jQuery Geo jQuery Geo is an open source geospatial mapping jQuery plugin from Applied Geographics developed with the intention of making spatial web mapping significantly simpler than it may initially seem.
- Cartifact Cartifact creates custom maps than can also be PDF's converted for iOS.
- MapBox Beautiful mapping toolkit, host, SDK.
SVG Conversion Tools