Below is USC Annenberg professor @ABHollingshead guide on how to conduct a website audit.
- Context: How appealing is the layout and design? Does the site have a contemporary look and feel? Is it easy to navigate?
- Content: Is the content attention-grabbing, informative, etc. (text, pictures, sounds, video, etc.)
- Customization: Can the website be tailored to different users?
- Communication: Does the site support Site--user; user--site communication?
- Connection: Is the website linked to other relevant websites for the brand?
- Commerce: Does the site support sales?
- Change: Does the content change regularly (so people will return)?
- Community: Does the website support user-user communication? User-social networking sites?
- Contagion: Can users send content/links to other users (aka viral marketing)?
- Engagement/Fun: Is the website an engaging place to spend time?
Social Media Audit
- Does the brand have a Facebook page, YouTube channel, Twitter, mobile app?
- How many followers and retweets on Twitter?
- How many fans on Facebook?