Step 0 - Getting Started
Homebrew is a package manager for Mac OS X. Here's how to install it beforehand.
Next, let's upgrade our default installation of Python to something greater than 2.7.
Step 1 - Install Libraries
Pip is a package manager for Python.
NumPy supports scientific computing and linear algebra support.
pip install numpy
We need gfortran to compile SciPy but it is not included with the other Xcode tools. Luckily, Homebrew can help us out again:
brew cask install gfortran
Scikit-learn's purpose is to support machine learning and therefore it's used for many of the tasks performed routinely in machine learning. A few key features are:
- It works well with the libraries stated above.
- It helps integrate the algorithms we will use for predictive models.
- Methods that will help us pre-process data.
- Methods for helping us measure the performance of our models.
- Methods for splitting data into test sets
- Methods for pre-processing data before training.
- Methods for creating trained models, tuning models and identifying which features within the models are important.
pip install scipy
To install matplotlib we need to install
brew install pkg-config
Mat plotlib is a 2D publication library that produces high quality graphics.
pip install matplotlib
Pandas provide data frames which make it easy to access and analyze data. This is a data manipulation tool.
pip install pandas
brew install opencv
pip install tensorflow
Keras is a high-level neural networks API, written in Python and capable of running on top of TensorFlow.
pip install keras